We have to ackowledge the market place does have a degree of confusion, which doesn`t always help a customer to make the right choice.
In our experience therefore the best way to establish the correct level of service your vehicle requires is to give us a call, or pop in and have a chat.
In order for us to give you the correct advice, the main criteria we would require is as follows.
Vehicle Registration - Current Mileage - Date and Mileage of last service,
It can help us if you have a copy of your last servicing bill.
It has to be ackowledged for `in warranty ` vehicles the manufacturers recomended schedule of time due and service item replacement must be adhered to. In an ideal world this should also apply for the whole life of the vehilce if you prefer.
However with customers budgets being squeezed and the vehicle having either changed hands or is recording low mileage, it is not always possible to follow a manufacturers recomendation to the fullest.
Here at GTE, with the correct vehicle information supplied. Based on your vehicles age and mileage. We can make a recomendation to you based on the manufacturers schedule, but at the same time working with you on exactly what you can afford.aligned with previous service and repair history.
Vehicle servicing doesn`t have to break the bank. It is wise however to always have an annual service regardless of mileage covered.
Common servicing phrases or sayings - Oil/Lub Service - Interim Service - Full Service - Major Service.
Please talk to us and we can work with you, to guide you through what you require, more importantly striving to work with you and within your budget.
Servicing is important, and heres why...
1. A Service can save you money, [unserviced vehicles often fail prematurely].
2. Engine oil left for too long coagulates and causes internal lubrication problems.
3. A cars air filter is a good example of a minor service item too often neglected and should be changed annualy.
4. Modern vehicles are increasingly complicated, requiring specialist tools and diagnostics.
5. Regular servicing keeps your car safe.
6. Lack of servicing history can have a negative impact on an insurance claim.
7. Full service history adds value long term when selling you car.
Stay safe and one step ahead this autumn and switch to adapt to different driving conditions
Dazzle and Glare when the sun’s low in the sky is more likely to be a problem at this time of year. To improve your vision:
· Clean your windscreen, inside and out, removing the hazy film that builds up
· Replace your wiper blades if they’re worn, damaged, or more than a couple of years old.
· Use a screen wash additive that’s made for the job – check the handbook if you’re not sure where to top it up.
· Keep a pair of sunglasses in the car, and use the sun visors.
· Slow down if you’re dazzled.Use headlights to help others see you.
Remember: If the sun’s behind you, it's in the eyes of those coming towards you. If the sun’s in your eyes it's probably blinding drivers following you too.
Batteries - Batteries generally last around five years. If there's any sign that your battery’s struggling now, it’s likely to let you down during the winter, when it's colder. Replace now to avoid hassle later on.
Bulbs - Check your lights every few weeks throughout the year, but especially as autumn starts and we head into the darker months. Your handbook shows how to change a bulb but you might need a garage to change headlight ones. Remember the brake lights and number plate lights.
Tyres - Most associations recommend at least 3mm of tread for the winter so if yours is getting low, buy new tyres now before the cold sets in.
Antifreeze - Antifreeze is important year round to prevent corrosion and improve summer cooling.
* It should be checked as part of the regular service schedule.
* There are different types and mixing them could damage your engine.
* Your handbook gives details of the correct antifreeze to use.
* If in doubt ask us to check the antifreeze for you.